Once again the BSA just can’t stand to NOT spread hate, discrimination and intolerance! The BULLY Scouts of America have done it again!
Using weight to define health is inaccurate, unscientific prejudice. It directly fuels discrimination in the workplace, from insurers, in medical care, and in social interactions. The war on so-called “obesity” [sic] is a war on fat people. Doctors already exhibit dangerous levels of weight bias. Fat people deserve care, not condemnation. Correlation≠causation. Behavior≠BMI. Weight≠health. Hate is not good for public health.
Please sign this and/or signal boost.
If you’re a smaller fat person and you embrace the word fat and use it descriptively and lovingly, that’s awesome. I just hope that you think about your big fat friends who can’t use weight limited gym equipment, are denied visas to countries, denied life saving operations, and…
A note to the girls who fly the fat flag even though they aren’t fat, just a little soft. Its not about you FEELING fat, it is about BEING fat. And if you can buy clothes at a store without hitting the plus size department every fucking time, you are not fat. You are not helping the fat acceptance thing, you are claiming something that isnt yours. Body acceptance and self love is one thing, but dont touch the F word if you aren’t part of the F club.
^^^^^This is SOOOO True! I see so many people on Tumblr that are flying the F flag and they clearly are NOT fat. If you are a size 12 - you are NOT fat, size 14 - NOT fat, size 16 - NOT fat, size 18 - still NOT fat….even if you are super short. If you can walk into any department store, find your size on a rack and pay regular prices for an outfit, then you are NOT fat! If however you HAVE to (NOT a choice, NOT a decision, but a mandate based on your clothing size) shop in the “plus size” section or have to go to a specialty store and pay exorbitant amounts of money for the same pair of pants that a size 0-18 can and does get for a “deal”, then you can proudly fly your F flag. It doesn’t stop and end with clothing though! There are soooo many other areas of life that are affected - medical conditions, medical care, health insurance, seat belts, VISAs, plane seats, furniture, the list goes on and on….so if you think you are fat because you wear a bigger size than you want to or a bigger size than a girl on a magazine cover, get some perspective!
Body acceptance is for EVERYONE - celebrate it, embrace it!
FAT acceptance is for FAT people! STOP claiming something that IS NOT YOURS!!!!!!
You don’t get to bounce back and forth between the two worlds (Fat and chubby/average size) as it fits your needs, suits your mood, enhances your blog or feeds your power/insecurity.
Check your privilege and stop claiming something that isn’t yours!
A) BULLSHIT BODY CONFIDENCE STORY
B) BULLSHIT SIZE RANGE
C) “HEALTHY”? HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A FUCKING BIKINI.
I suggest bombarding this journalist with responses from deathfat babes (a photo is “ideal” they say, so if you have one then let them have it!)
I totally want them to be swamped with super fatty fat fat people in swimsuits.
(Please reblog this if you can, I want this journalist swimming in fat.)
My Email Response
1. If you are seeking body confident people in bikinis why put the size restriction on? Do you have any idea how small and well represented size 12-16 girls are?
2. Why are you not doing a photo shoot? Skinny girls get photo shoots. And they get paid to do it. How much do you pay your thin models that dont have an “inspirational fat chick” story you can exploit.
3. Body confidence is not a secret. Its a way of life. Its a rebellion. Its a riot.
4. Ideally I’ll have a photo of myself looking amazing in a summer outfit or togs, but don’t let it stop me from responding? HOLD ON LEMME DIG THROUGH ALL MY FATTY MCFAT PICTURES OH NO IM COVERED IN FOOD IN THAT ONE OH HOLD ON I CANT SEE OVER MY DOUBLE CHIN WHERE OH WHERE DID I STASH MY FLATTERING PICTURES?!
5. “Everyone wants to look great in a swimsuit” NEWS FLASH I DONT GIVE A SHIT HOW I LOOK IN A SWIMSUIT SOME PEOPLE HAVE OTHER THINGS THEY ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT BUT THANKS FOR SPEAKING FOR ~EVERYONE~ ANYWAY. FUCK FLATTERING.
6. “but we want to show that this can be achieved by loving your body and projecting confidence, rather than starving yourself to size zero.” Wow, you managed to fat shame and thin shame. Amazing. You guys sure are doing wonders for self esteem and body image. Where would we be without you guys?
7. “Of course we honour being a healthy weight and fitness for wellbeing, but we also know that you are not your bikini pant size.” Are you my doctor? Oh, no? Turns out you know jack shit about my health - and the rest of everybody’s health too. Mind your own fucking business. Maybe you should sit down and brace yourself for this little gem but uh, some people choose to be fat. I know it is hard to believe but there are actually people in this world that prefer being fat. Being healthy isnt something fat people owe society and fat bodies do not need to be apologized for whether they are in a bathing suit, in the gym, or on a couch watching a movie eating a large pizza and loving it.
8. “Successful sources will not be paid.” Oh, so you want to take average sized women and exploit their stories and make money off of them all while sending the message “Larger than life but still rocking it/ Fat women who SOMEHOW find themselves attractive/ Martyr Magazine features normal sized women What heroes! AND not pay the models who decided on their own accord to ALLOW you to capture their beauty? What an incredible platform and opportunity you are providing!
Go. Fuck. Yourself. You are just like every other magazine.
My daughter is so fucking right on it BLOWS MY MIND!
My incredibly beautiful, brave, intelligent and bad ass daughter just served this journalist his/her ass on a platter!
Proud Mom moment #456718739823798192837648659857…..she’s cool like that!
This is a picture taken of my best friend at Bonnaroo 2012. She was approached by a man with a camera who told her she was beautiful and he wanted to show her image in the Bonnaroo paper. She allowed him to photograph…
This is a picture of my daughter’s best friend, my son’s Godmother and one of the best people I know. She was minding her own business (looking fabulous I might add) and was approached to have her picture taken by someone who complimented her and led her to believe her picture would be included in a newspaper story. It turns out he lied to her and tricked her for the sole purpose of humiliating her, mocking her, body shaming her and hurting her.
If you are so inclined and would like to pay a visit to this dickhead’s blog and leave a comment condemning the nasty commentors and their fat shaming, body policing ways you are more than welcome to do so!
Fat Girls UNITE! Let’s let these haters know that fat bias and prejudice will not be tolerated and hiding behind a computer screen while making fun of others is BULLYING and will not be taken lightly!
Being Fat, and Getting What You Want: ironically it involves opening your mouth!
If you’re fat, or anywhere in the fatty-spectrum you definitely have
(or have had in the past) a different thought process than most when it comes to approaching social situations, especially with…
A friend of mine is doing some research work for a final paper at her university. She’s doing work around fat issues, particularly cultural/public perceptions. If you could fill this out and reblog, it would be really helpful. It’s pretty short and should only take ten minutes or so, but there’s spaces for extra comments so it may take longer.
[Warning: Some of the questions in here ask you to rate certain statements with strongly agree, somewhat agree, etc. They may be potentially triggering for fat-shaming]
Please fill this out and reblog - the more responses the more accurate the data. I know the person who is writing this paper….trust me, your answers will help to change the world!
Your task for the day is…
To write a letter and leave it on the street.
Write a “To whom it may concern”, “Dear you” or “Whoever finds this” letter and say whatever you like. A secret about yourself, a compliment for them, advice, words of wisdom.
Leave it on the street. Whoever finds it was meant to have it. <3
This is my favorite blog on Tumblr <3. Everyday is a new way to discover yourself, treat yourself, pay it forward or just take a minute and reflect, laugh or have fun.
Follow it - you’ll be delighted!